Skip to main content

November 22 Prone to Wander

A person who strays from the path comes to rest in the company of the dead. ~Proverbs 21:16


Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home. ~Proverbs 27:8

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. ~Matthew 7:13-14

Prayer: Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here’s my heart, Lord, take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above. Oh, Lord, I do stray so easily from the path that you have set before me. I get distracted. I get discouraged. I long for a different course, especially an easier one. I’m sorry, Lord for the times I complain or stray from your path.

Lord, You are doing an amazing thing in me. I don’t understand, but please help me trust and not give up. You are doing what I need to make me beautiful for Your kingdom! Thank you for seeing so much value in me and for not giving up on me. “Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.” (Hebrews 3:1)

Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You so that I won’t stray from the path, into disaster. You are my home, Lord, may I never wander from you. May I follow You closely, looking straight ahead into the adventure that we will have together. I trust You to meet my needs. I trust You to lead, instruct and correct. I submit to Your plan to create me to be the masterpiece You designed. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Song: Come Thou Fount 




Grace, mercy and peace,

Greg & Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

142. White Washed Tombstones!

Isaiah 29:9-16 , Matthew 15:1-20 , Mark 7:1-23 , Key Verse: "Nothing outside a man can make him "unclean," by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him "unclean." Mark 7:15 Approximately six hundred years before Jesus, the people of Judah had sinned so badly by ignoring the word of the Lord that God allowed them to be punished by being destroyed by the Babylonians. Jerusalem was completely ruined. Many of the citizens were killed and only a relatively few, referred to as "the remnant," were carried off to live in Babylon for 70 years before being allowed to return and begin again. This event proved to be a real wake up call for the people. The priests and Levites developed an extensive list of rules and regulations by which the people were to live that would outline very clearly how not to break the Ten Commandments again, or any of the whole Law, or "Torah," from Moses in the first five books of the

Spiritual Warfare

Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-18 Listen Link:  http://www.firstcovenantcadillac.org/#!this-weeks-sermon/c20mw There’s a war on! And it’s not overseas. I am not talking about the war on terrorism. I am talking about the war in which your heart is the battle ground. It is a war between spiritual forces of good and evil. The victory is ours in Christ. The battle belongs to the Lord. But we are called to play our part. That is why Paul instructs believers like you and me to “be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”  The life of discipleship gives us no time to relax and live our lives ignoring the spiritual battle. We are ordered to fight. It’s not a pleasant metaphor these days. But Paul had no qualms about telling Christians to be good soldiers, prepared for battle. Even when we do take a Sabbath and rest in the Lord, it is only so that we made ready for the next battle. But this kind of battle won’t wear us out if we are strong in the lord. In fact, we will rejoice! This is not a gr

Advent Devotionals day 3 The Problem of Evil