Skip to main content

269. "I Am The Way"

Key Verse: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:6

The fact that Thomas responds to Jesus the way that he does, demonstrates, for us, that the disciples still do not quite understand what Jesus is proposing. "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?

No groom in Jesus’ day would simply send a note or invitation or envoy to collect what is His, His one and only bride. No, when the time is right, the groom comes for her Himself and guides her to her new home. Thus Jesus can say, "I am the way." I will guide you and protect you. I will never leave your side or lead you astray. You can trust Me!"

"I am the truth." I am your true husband. I love you and I will not lie to you. If you stay close to Me, I will not only lead you in paths of righteousness, but I will give you clarity. You will know the truth and the truth will set you free." (John 8:30) "I will never be false to you or trick you into believing what isn't real or true. You can trust me!"

"I am the life.” In Me, you will have abundant life, full and freely given. I will give you My life and My strength and My heart. In Me, you will know a richness in living that you could never know apart from Me."

"No one comes to the Father except through me because my Father trusts Me. He knows Me and He knows that I wouldn't bring anyone into His presence that didn't have My life in Him or her. He will recognize you because My life is in You, that is also in Him. A counterfeit will be recognized for what it is and not allowed in. You could not find the Father's house without Me and you would not be recognized without Me, but with Me guiding you to Him, you will safely be guided into His home.

"If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him." (John 14:7) Jesus is the spitting image of His Father. You are His and He is working to make you the spitting image of Him and His Father as well. Can you see a family resemblance in you yet? Remember, you were created in His image at the beginning. Sin left its mark and tried to ruin it, but in Christ, you are restored to your proper family and home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

142. White Washed Tombstones!

Isaiah 29:9-16 , Matthew 15:1-20 , Mark 7:1-23 , Key Verse: "Nothing outside a man can make him "unclean," by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him "unclean." Mark 7:15 Approximately six hundred years before Jesus, the people of Judah had sinned so badly by ignoring the word of the Lord that God allowed them to be punished by being destroyed by the Babylonians. Jerusalem was completely ruined. Many of the citizens were killed and only a relatively few, referred to as "the remnant," were carried off to live in Babylon for 70 years before being allowed to return and begin again. This event proved to be a real wake up call for the people. The priests and Levites developed an extensive list of rules and regulations by which the people were to live that would outline very clearly how not to break the Ten Commandments again, or any of the whole Law, or "Torah," from Moses in the first five books of the

Spiritual Warfare

Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-18 Listen Link:  http://www.firstcovenantcadillac.org/#!this-weeks-sermon/c20mw There’s a war on! And it’s not overseas. I am not talking about the war on terrorism. I am talking about the war in which your heart is the battle ground. It is a war between spiritual forces of good and evil. The victory is ours in Christ. The battle belongs to the Lord. But we are called to play our part. That is why Paul instructs believers like you and me to “be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”  The life of discipleship gives us no time to relax and live our lives ignoring the spiritual battle. We are ordered to fight. It’s not a pleasant metaphor these days. But Paul had no qualms about telling Christians to be good soldiers, prepared for battle. Even when we do take a Sabbath and rest in the Lord, it is only so that we made ready for the next battle. But this kind of battle won’t wear us out if we are strong in the lord. In fact, we will rejoice! This is not a gr

Advent Devotionals day 3 The Problem of Evil